Guidelines for ganesh visarjan day
Photo : Times Now
Hyderabad: In a bid to ensure the safety of devotees and volunteers during the upcoming Ganesh immersion, the Hyderabad City Police has issued a list of safety measures and rules to be followed by the event organisers and volunteers. Guidelines have been put in place to make sure that the procession is conducted in a safe and orderly manner with minimal risk of accidents or injuries. The guidelines are also meant to prevent any kind of violence or disruption during the procession.
Guidelines:1. Vehicles carrying idols should commence early to avoid congestion and ensure a timely procession.
2. The use of musical systems with DJs on vehicles is strictly prohibited on the day of immersion.
3. Vehicles should not stop near places of worship or junctions.
4. People under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not allowed in the procession.
5. Vermilion or gulal should not be sprinkled on passersby, as this may cause disturbances to the public.
6. Participants in the procession are prohibited from carrying any form of weapon, such as sticks, swords, knives, or any other dangerous items.
7. Organisers should report any incidents or matters of importance to the police.
8. Any provocative speeches, slogans, postures, banners, or actions that could hurt the feelings of any section of the public should be avoided.
9. Report any rumours on WhatsApp or other social media to the Hyderabad City Police.
Lord Ganesh is known by various names like - Gajanana, Dhoomraketu, Ekdanta, Vakrtunda, Siddhi Vinayaka etc. It is believed that Lord Ganesh was born on this auspicious day in the Gregorian month which annually falls in the months of August or September.